Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fashion for Charity

Hello beautiful people!  I had the immense pleasure of attending a charity fashion show 
on October 27th.  The charitable organization "Hey - Haiti Engaging Youth" was raising awareness for their cause with amazing music, fashion, and an overall positive and inspiring atmosphere. 


The goal of this amazing organization is:
"We are dedicated to improving the quality of life in Haiti by bridging the gap and facilitating the building of relationships between Haitian and American youth.
HEY! is creating programs so the youth can be more engaged, skilled and empowered throughout their lives. Through education, medical& health sustainability, cultural integration we can establish stability one community at a time.
We welcome you to help our mission and become a blessing to those in need of your love and support."
Please check out their website and check out any events that may come up in your area, you will not be disappointed!

My friend, Frank Mizzy was one of the featured musical talents to perform at this wonderful event.  I have been following his musical journey through the past few years and have been honored to watch him grow and develop as an artist.  Seeing him perform at such a moving event was a great experience.  Frank sends a positive message through his music, I found it fitting that he be part of such a benevolent project.  Please check out his music and let me know what you think! 


This is what I wore!! Yay!

This shoot took place a few days prior to the event.  At the actual event my hair was up in a bun and my wrist was adorned a bit differently.  The look was still the same, I just felt like a simple up-do was more appropriate for the occasion.   I hope you all enjoy this look and let me know what you think!


Peplum Top - Purchased from Forever21
Tuxedo Jeans - Purchased from 2b Bebe outlet
Shoes - Purchased from Shoedazzle

Earrings - Purchased from Jewelmint
Necklace - Passed down through my family (loves it)


I hope you all have enjoyed this post!  Please take a minute to visit the HEY! Organizations website.  
And do not forget to stop by and check out Frank Mizzy

Please let me know what you think about this look and the peplum trend as a whole, clearly I love it.
And as always don't forget to follow me on twitter

Until Next Time... XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment